Openings with Our Clients
We love discovering hard-working talent so much that we even do it for other organizations. That’s right, we get the opportunity to connect with job seekers on behalf of our clients as they look to build their teams. We’re currently looking to fill the following positions for our clients:
Administrative Assistant w/ Zervas Architects (Bellingham, WA)
Zervas Architects has been Northwest Washington’s Design Leader since 1961, and is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join their team. As design leaders in a rapidly growing region, Zervas advocates urban concentration where infrastructure exists, planning that preserves our natural resources and design that adds to the community experience as the best way to achieve responsible and inspiring growth. The Administrative Assistant position is on site in Bellingham and will be responsible for efficient and consistent operation of the office while performing various Marketing duties. The Administrative Assistant position will be paid $24.04-$31.25 an hour ($50,000-$65,000 yearly) depending on experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of strong organizational and project management abilities
- Minimum 3+ years of office management experience or similar work experience in an office environment
- Ability to multitask and fulfill job duties in a timely manner while facing multiple distractions and interruptions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Adobe suite (InDesign & Photoshop) experience desired, proficiency a plus
General Office/Administrative Duties
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages
- Greet and attend to visitors
- Process incoming mail & distribute accordingly
- Handle all telephone system needs as required; i.e., changing Auto Attendant messages, assisting staff with system questions and issues, etc.
- Coordinate all IT issues between Zervas staff and outsourced IT firm
- Maintain supplies inventory
- Maintain/update Weekly Schedule (Excel file) and have ready for Monday staff meeting
- Meet with Partners after weekly staff meeting to discuss any management items, as needed
- Maintain the Master Project List, updating monthly
- Prepare AIA documents as needed via online software program
- Assist with uploading bid documents to Builders Exchange, WCRINC or ADI
- Assist with uploading documents to Egnyte (ftp file sharing site) and adding/deleting users
- Maintain Notary Public license for the firm
- Assist Principal(s) in gathering materials for, and compiling, proposals
- Print and bind proposals and ensure they are delivered on time, or compile one PDF file of proposal if being provided via email
- Design Advertisements for various publications
- Coordinate photo shoots of newly constructed projects
- Maintain/update the Zervas web page
- Maintain/update the Zervas Facebook and Instagram Pages
- 401K with company match
- Medical & Vision Insurance, with company contributions to HSA Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education
Interested? Email us your resume.
Controller w/ Martin's Feed (Lynden, WA)
Martin’s Feed Inc. is looking to add a Controller to their team. Originally started by Martin Ruiter in 1978, Martin’s Feed Inc. has been serving customers ever since. They first started hauling animal feed, though they now transport much more than that. Located in Lynden, WA the Controller position is full-time and offers a salary range starting at $100,000. They are looking for a leader to help drive the company’s financial planning and manage the bookkeeping team.
- Leading all Financial operations
- Payroll review and approval
- Cash Flow, Budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Ensure the company has systems and overall business processes that will improve the effectiveness of the entire organization.
- Month-end and year-end close processes
- Manage Company compliance requirements
- B.S degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant experience
- Minimum of 3+ years supervisor experience
- Experience with cash management, financial analysis, and budgeting
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Proven success in accounting, financial planning, and management
- Strong strategic, analytical, and planning skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with sound and accurate judgment
- Experience working with multiple entities/ divisions desired
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Interested? Email us your resume.
Controller w/ Washington State Fruit Commission (Yakima, WA)
The Washington State Fruit Commission (WSFC), a state agency, was founded in 1947 and is funded by grower assessments for the purpose of promotion, market development, research, and education for soft fruits grown in Washington State. The WSFC is looking to add a dynamic leader to its team in Yakima. With a vision to be the most effective commodity commission possible, in the eyes of their growers, this organization must facilitate greater returns to the land and the accounting department plays a major role in that success. This Controller should be ready to step in as a qualified accountant to lead the 4-person accounting department in the daily fiscal management of 7 separate organizations under the WSFC accounting umbrella.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, Human Resources, and Operations etc.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Oversee the activities of the accounting and payroll department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Ensure compliance with governance requirements and applicable local and international regulatory laws and rules for accurate and timely completion of all financial and income tax reporting, taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance and Human Resources to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought after department goal
- Respond to the President/Executive Director as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
- Develop, lead and motivate a high-performance accounting team by setting individual and team benchmarks, regularly measuring success against goals and being accountable for development outcomes.
- Other duties as necessary
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance, Operations, & HR Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on accounting managerial experience, with at least 3 years managing a finance team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or related discipline.
- Experience in State agency rules and regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to stabilize and maximize financial assets in a complex environment. Extensive experience with financial analysis and modeling.
- Proven experience developing budgets and ability to analyze financial performance and market trends.
- Proficient in relevant software packages and applications
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant legislation.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred
- Salary Range: $100,000-$120,000
- State Retirement Pension and Deferred Compensation Opportunity
- State Medical Plan including medical, dental and optical
- 3 weeks of vacation to start–increases over time/ sick / personal days
Established in 1947, the Washington State Fruit Commission is a state agency representing the stone fruit and canned pear industries. The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, nation or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status in accordance with state and federal laws.
Interested? Email us your resume.